Active skin care is one of the most convenient tools for combatting the visible signs of ageing. In order to get the maximum benefit, you need to ensure that you are applying it correctly. Otherwise, you could be throwing money down the drain or in some cases, doing yourself more damage.
Here are a few tips to ensure that you get the most out of your skin care.
1. Start with a freshly cleansed and dry face. Cleansing your skin helps make it easier for the serums to be absorbed.
2. You really only need the smallest amount to cover your whole face. A small pea sized amount should do it. Use your fingers and dab little dots all over your face and then rub it in. Active skin care is expensive and if you apply it as liberally as sunscreen, you will end up spending a small fortune every month.
3. Serums should be applied before any makeup or sunscreens and allowed to dry completely.
4. Vitamin A should be applied at night. Other than that, it really doesn’t matter when you apply them as long as it is on clean skin and before any sunscreen or make up.
5. The golden rule with any new regime is to take it slow to start. Everyone reacts slightly differently and you don’t want to overwhelm your skin. Start using the products every other day for the first week or two to ensure that you don’t have any adverse reactions.
6. If you are spending money on active skin care, you need to wear a daily sunscreen. If not, you might as well save your money.
Remember, if in doubt it is always best to ask. If you have any questions about your current skin care routine, please don’t hesitate to contact us here at Facelove. One of our friendly practitioners can help answer any skin care questions you might have.