Having large pores on your face is one of those rather frustrating conditions that is not that serious, but extremely difficult to treat. It is extremely difficult to drastically reduce the size of your pores. This usually involves highly ablative laser treatments that require significant down time.
Luckily, there is treatment available that will help reduce the appearance of large pores.
What Causes Large Pores?
* Having oily skin can block your skin making them larger.
* As you age, your skin loses elasticity, which makes them appear larger.
* Traditionally men have larger pores than women, but women’s pores can also be affected by hormonal changes.
* If one or both of your parents have larger pores, there is a good chance that you will also have them.
What Can Be Done to Minimise the Appearance of Large Pores?
* Keep your face clean. Keeping your face clean helps prevent oil and dead skin cells collecting in the pores, which makes them larger.
* When washing your face, don’t overdo it. If you wash your face too often, your skin will think that it is dried out and create more oil. Stick to morning and night and after any strenuous exercise.
* Using an Alpha-Hydroxy acid facial cleanser. This is also a great way to reduce large pores by dissolving dead skin cells on the surface.
* Using a retinol (Vitmain A) serum on your face can help minimise pore size as it increases cell turnover.
* Regular microdermabrasion has been shown to stimulate collagen production and smooth the skins surface.