The days are getting longer and the sun is shining brighter and brighter. Summer is almost upon us. Before you dust off those beach chairs, please make sure that you look after your skin this summer.
Excess exposure to the sun is one of the leading causes of premature ageing and it is completely avoidable. Even though Melbourne isn’t particularly known for its beaches, it doesn’t mean that we don’t love to get out there and enjoy the summer.
Show some love to your skin this summer.
- Sunscreen every day. You don’t just get sun when you go to the beach so why only wear sunscreen when you’re there? Don’t forget to apply some to your hands, neck and décolletage.
- Use a Vitamin C serum. Vitamin C helps to stop the formation of pigmentation caused by the sun. Using a quality vitamin C serum with a concentration of at least 10% will help stop sun spots from forming over the summer.
- Stay hydrated. The summers in Melbourne tend to be quite hot and dry. Make sure that you drink enough water throughout the day. If you struggle to do this, try chugging a glass of warm water as soon as you wake up. A body that is dehydrated is more susceptible to free radical damage.
- Stay out of the sun in the middle of the day. This might take a little planning. If you are planning on a little time at the beach, in the park or just out and about, try to avoid the hottest part of the day. Sunset on the beach is prettier anyway.
- Wear sunglasses. They should have UVA/UVB filtered lenses to protect your eyes from the sun’s rays. An added benefit of wearing sunglasses is that you won’t have to squint. The repeated motion of squinting will help contribute to wrinkles around the eyes.
Love your skin this summer.