Men are notoriously bad at looking after their skin. Sure, there might be a few skin conscious gents out there, but on the whole, men shave and that’s it. Unfortunately, this also leads to men looking far older than they actually are.
If you want to avoid looking like an old catcher’s mitt at the ripe old age of 35, there are a few things that you need to do.
The Bare Minimum:
– SUNSCREEN!!! Applying a daily sunscreen will eliminate one of the prime reasons for pre-mature ageing. This is especially important if you work outside or do sports. When choosing a sunscreen, opt for one that has a physical barrier, such as zinc oxide.
– Cleanse your face. Men might not wear makeup, but that doesn’t mean that their faces aren’t collecting lots of dirt and oil throughout the day. Cleansing your face will reduce the chances of getting clogged pores, ingrown hairs and it allows you to get a closer shave.
– Use a good razor. Using a dull blade causes trauma to the skin that can result in ingrown hairs and infections. It also doesn’t allow for a close shave. Use a good quality razor and change it every week.
– Use active products. Using medically active skincare will help reduce many of the visible signs of ageing in the skin. Try starting with a vitamin C serum in the morning to inhibit the development of pigmentation and prevent free radical damage. In the evening, soothe and protect your skin with a vitamin B serum.
– Have the occasional dermal therapy. There are a range of different dermal therapies that can help with the signs of premature ageing. You could try a light resurfacing peel, microdermabrasion or IPL photorejuvenation treatment.
– Anti-Wrinkle Injections and Dermal Fillers. More and more men are discovering what “brotox” can do for them. They can reduce wrinkles and restore volume to your face. There is a reason that women have been keeping these treatments to themselves for so long. Don’t get left behind boys. Learn more about anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers here.
Products we Recommend
For your sunscreen, look no further than Reassure Daily Moisturiser from Regenerate Skin Care. Not only a great moisturiser, Reassure is also a zinc based SPF15+ sunscreen.
Refresh AHA/BHA cleanser is perfect your daily facial cleanse. It helps prevent dead skin buildup and can even help with reducing the effects of razor burn.
If you are serious about getting your skin on track, why not book in for a skin assessment at facelove? We will take the time to talk to you about your skin and address any concerns you may have.