Before any treatment, your practitioner will always go through some important after care instructions. The problem is that most people are so excited by what is about to happen that this after care information can very easily go in one ear and out the other.
A little extra information will really help you to get the most out of your injections, minimise any potential side effects and put your mind at ease.
Important: The following is general advice. If you are experiencing any intense pain, blurred vision, discouloration or are concerned about any symptoms, please contact your practitioner immediately.
After your injectable treatment: General
- For the first 24 hours avoid alcohol, strenuous exercise, using active skin care products and heavy oil based make up.
- Avoid pressure on the treated area for the first few days.
- Avoid any dermal therapies or massages on the treated areas for 1 week.
- Although rare, minor bruising can occur with all injectable treatments.
After your injectable treatment: Anti-wrinkle injections
- Avoid lying down for 4 hours post treatment.
- Anti-wrinkle injections generally take 3-7 days for the effects to become apparent. After 2 weeks, they should have taken full effect.
After your injectable treatment: Dermal Fillers
- There may be some slight swelling to the area treated.
- Sometimes dermal fillers can feel lumpy under the skin even though there are no lumps visible. This is normal and will settle in a few days.
At Facelove Medispa we love aftercare and we encourage patients to pop in or give us a call if they have any questions.