I know that you have a million things to do. You’re getting married and that takes a lot of work. There are venues to book, caterers to organise and hundreds of other small details. I’m exhausted just thinking about it.
There are so many details to attend to, people often completely neglect their skin. With so many photos happening on the day, you are going to want your skin looking its best.
If you follow the plan below you can look forward to some gorgeous wedding photos that you will cherish forever.
9 months out
- Find a good cosmetic injector. Talk to your friends and see if they have any recommendations Have a look at their before and after photographs online. Have a consultation with the practitioner and see if you like what they have to say. Once you find someone who you believe has great skills and a good aesthetic eye, talk to them about how you wish to freshen up for your wedding. It is a good idea to test run any injectable treatments well before your big day. This will allow you see if you are happy with the results.
- Start using active skin care.– Active skin care creates cellular change in the skin. Products that contain retinol or vitamin C can produce good results if they are high quality. It could take a couple of months to see results with active skin care.
- Start using a daily sunscreen. You should already be doing this anyway. Using daily sunscreen reduces pigmentation and redness.
- Start laser hair reduction. – For laser hair reduction, you generally need 4-6 sessions spaced 4-6 weeks apart.
- Start planning your wedding. The sooner you finalise details like where the ceremony will take place, reception venues, caterers, dresses, etc… the calmer and more relaxed you will be on your wedding day.
- Start looking for a good photographer. You can only do so much for your skin. The skill of the photographer has a lot to do with how the photographs will turn out. You need to start looking for one this far out because good ones get booked up months in advance.
- Start meditating. Weddings are stressful and no matter how well planned it is, something could go wrong. You need to learn to roll with the punches or your stress could do horrible things to your skin.
- Start exercising. Real results take some time to appear and you need to be at a comfortable point at least a few weeks out from the wedding. Once the final fitting for the dress or tux takes place, you have to stay at that weight until the big day.
8 months out
- Have a review appointment with your cosmetic injector. Were you happy with the results? What would you have done differently? If you are happy, have them right out a treatment plan for you with the exact location of the injection sites and how much product was injected in each site. Make a photocopy and hang on to it.
6 months out
- Book the venues, caterers, DJ, honeymoon, florist, cake etc… If you leave these details much longer, they will all begin to pile up on you and stress you out.
3 Months Out
- A series of 4 peels spaced out over the month– Peels are a great way to brighten your complexion and help smooth out any blemishes.
- Find a makeup artist and hair stylist and have a trial session. If you are happy with the results, book them in.
2 Months out
- A series of 2 microdermabrasions fortnightly. Microdermabrasion is a wonderful way to exfoliate and unclog your skin.
- Injectables- At Facelove we believe anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers should be done and finished 6 weeks out from the wedding. This gives them time to take effect and settle before the big day as well as allowing any minor bruising to disappear.
1 Month Out
- Reconfirm all details- Touch base with everyone, just to make sure that everything is going according to plan.
2 Weeks out
- DON’T DO ANYTHING to your face – At Facelove we will not inject any bride past the 2 week mark. It is just too risky.
1 Week Out
- Try to get as much sleep as possible. – Lack of sleep and stress can cause break out as well as make you look tired.
- Get a massage. Most people don’t sleep very well the night before their wedding. A massage will help you relax and get some much-needed rest.
Congratulations! You look gorgeous. Remember to smile and enjoy the day.